Callisto Media Inc. – San Francisco Bay Area
Callisto Media, a leading publisher of electronic books, is seeking an outstanding graphic designer to join our growing team.
Callisto Media is a very early stage, venture-backed startup in the online publishing space. We create electronic books on a variety of topics which we sell through our own microsites as well as e-retailers like Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
We are seeking a highly talented individual, who will guide our graphic direction when it comes to landing pages, web sites, book cover art, and book layout design.
Candidates with demonstrated experience in package design, book design, or landing page design will be given first consideration.
Individuals must be able to work in a very early stage (<10 employees), very fast-paced environment. Candidates must be able to execute rapid design iterations with a minimum of ego and a willingness to explore non-traditional approaches.
This will be a key contributor on a very small team.
Desired Skills & Experience
The most desirable candidates will have experience in all of the following:
- Print design, including cover art and layout of printed materials
- Landing page design, ideally in a company where demand generation is the primary sales channel
- Web site design, especially for microsites
- Design for mobile and tablet devices
- Design for e-commerce
Successful candidates will have a rich portfolio in all of the above, as well as prior startup experience.
Candidates must have experience with inDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, and a basic knowledge of HTML.
Portfolio required. No firms please.
Callisto Media was founded in 2010 and is backed by Trinity Ventures.
Posted: February 10, 2012
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Job ID: 2537861
Senior Designer/Art Director
The Oya Group is seeking an experienced Senior Designer/Art Director to join our creative team in Los Gatos. We’re an established Silicon Valley design, branding, and strategic marketing agency, and are looking for an energetic addition to our team. The position will be demanding but also rewarding for your design portfolio.
Candidates should be well versed in both traditional print and branding as well as interactive media.
- Driving designs from concept to print/launch (client presentations, print/web production, press-checks, etc.)
- Work with senior staff to review and meet project requirements
- Collaborate with project managers, vendors, and senior creative team to create solutions for design problems
- When necessary, present concepts to client executive teams
- Manage file iterations and design process with client budget, timeline, and requirements in mind
- 5+ years professional experience in print and web
- Bachelors Degree in Design or related field of study
- Expert knowledge of applications including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and PowerPoint
- Previous agency experience preferred
- Work well in a fast-paced environment, with high volume project turn around
- Able to collaborate with others as well as work independently
- Must be organized and pay attention to details
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of Flash, Dreamweaver, CSS, and HTML
- A passion for learning about new technology and design trends
- Have a good sense of humor, professional behavior, and friendly attitude
- OK with working in a dog friendly office
You’ve got a myriad of projects in your bulging portfolio, from brand development, web design, print and a generous helping of interactive experience. You’re proud of your work but you are a good listener and take constructive criticism well. You’re all about getting your hands dirty, rolling up your sleeves, and taking creative ideas from concept to completion.
You’re all about the details. Creative problem solving and process comes as naturally to you as monarchs to Monterey. Your finished product is technically flawless and ready to deliver to the client, web developer, or printer.
You must be able to develop effective concepts for print and web media. You will be expected to work expertly in the appropriate software applications and are ahead of the pack if you already know some programming and web development.
The ideal candidate must be available to start within the next two weeks (before December 3rd). If you’d love to work in a studio agency environment, in the heart of beautiful downtown Los Gatos, with friendly staff and international brands, then send us your resume immediately!
About The Oya Group
Oya is an award-winning, full service design agency that knows what matters to our clients and employees. We are a busy agency with both large and small clients (Cisco, Microsemi, MarkLogic, Virtual PBX) who appreciate our responsiveness, our attention to detail, our ability to stay on budget and our knack for providing solutions not only to the problem at hand, but to problems they may not have known they had! We appreciate innovation, great design, and effective problem solving. For more information about the company, please visit http://www.oyagroup.com.
To apply to this position, please send an email with your resume, cover letter, and a link to your online portfolio (or send a PDF of your work) to:
Sr. Designer/Art Director
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Senior UE designer-FT position
Reporting to the Director, Product Management & User Experience, the Sr. User Experience Designer must be a fast learner who understands the importance of collaboration and can distill highly complex issues into easy-to-understand design requirements. The successful candidate will apply expert design skills to user flows, usability, and website interactions. The role requires a thorough understanding of interaction design principles and best practices, along with an understanding of how visual and interaction design work together to create a world-class user experience.
· Employ user-centric design practices to create world-class e-commerce user experiences
· Define, develop, and document all front-end design requirements for projects impacting both domestic and international brands
· Develop detailed wireframes, user flows, mockups, and other product deliverables to effectively communicate designs and product requirements
· Work with cross-functional teams (customer service, marketing, merchandising, engineering, QA, etc.) on front-end e-commerce projects
· Serve as the business lead for UI and UX decisions
· Conduct usability studies, paper prototype studies, and studies
· Work seamlessly with the Creative design department to develop and maintain site branding and visual design
· 3 -5 years experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar role
· 2+ years experience in consumer-facing e-Commerce user experiences
· Experience conducting qualitative user research
· Outstanding communication (written and verbal), presentation, documentation, and interpersonal skills; detail- oriented.
· Results-driven, able to initiate and lead projects; work autonomously and multi-task in a dynamic environment
· Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Visio, and Dreamweaver ; familiarity with HTML, CSS, AJAX, Flash
· Bachelor’s degree or higher; degree in Interaction Design or related field a plus
· A strong portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience and relevant, user-centered designs
· Experience developing UI’s for international websites are a plus
Art Director-FT position
Join the Web Design Team to create website/microsites and other exciting web pages for an innovative children’s toy and gaming company. The Art Director is responsible for creating sophisticated visual Web based marketing and product solutions that speak to our customers; parents and children. More specifically, the Art Director will develop and refine visual design concepts, present his/her work independently, participate in critiques, project manage independently, and contribute toward the larger department’s goals of creating high-end commerce-driving solutions. Whether for our ecommerce site, marketing communications, or CRM programs, the Art Director will have their hand in many exciting projects!
The ideal candidate will have strong visual design skills, design research skills, an innovative approach that breeds new thinking, a strong understanding of graphic design (type, color, layout, composition, motion graphics), a current understanding of the Web vis-à-vis consumer facing brands, trends and current approaches, and understanding of Web technology, and an ability to work collaboratively. A good sense of humor and appreciation for design for children is a must!
CONDUCT DESIGN RESEARCH
Participates in conducting trend, design, competitive, and qualitative research and presents relevant findings to peers and managers. Is able to gather relevant data and represent a point of view.
CREATE INITIAL DESIGN EXPLORATIONS
Develop directions that reflect new, fresh and exciting approaches, a clear organization of information, and the willingness to take risks. The Art Director is expected to develop a broad range of solutions, and present his / her work with confidence. Must be able to work quickly in a fast-paced environment.
REFINE AND PRESENT DESIGN
Create mock-ups and rapid prototypes using Photoshop and/or Flash for ecommerce landing pages, microsite designs, display ads, CRM assets and more. Refines designs into solutions that successfully integrate the visual design, brand strategy, and information architecture. Designs are clearly presented and articulated to a team of stakeholders.
APPLY PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS
The Art Director must have strong problem solving skills. A ‘can do’ attitude is a must; the Art Director will need to constantly look for innovative ways to accomplish tasks.
FLEXIBILITY AND COLLABORATION
The Art Director must be flexible, and challenge-oriented. The Art Director must be able to excel in a fast paced environment. The Art Director must have strong collaborative skills and be able to take direction from the Creative Director and other sources. The Art Director will work closely with representatives from other departments and bring a spirit of teamwork to their projects.
· Outstanding Web graphic design skills
· Strong communication skills and client orientation
· Strong project management skills
· Conceptual research and design skills
· Expert knowledge of CS4 (with an emphasis on Photoshop).
· Working knowledge of Flash
· Working knowledge of animation
· A proven track record in developing solutions for brand-forward content and commerce sites
· Strong working knowledge of creative team dynamics
· Skilled in communicating constructive criticism while inspiring
· Strong presentation skills
· At least 7 years of visual design experience
· At least 5 years working with consumer facing brands
· A blended background of in-house and agency experience is a plus
·Design involvement with an ecommerce web page a plus
· A Bachelors Degree or advanced degree in Graphic Design or other related areas from an Arts College or accredited University
Everything from business cards to websites
Does anyone know a Senior Designer or Art Director that would be interested in doing a full internal marketing redesign for Eveo Communication Group, Inc. and it’s 5 subsidiaries? We will need everything from business cards to websites. This is a freelance position that can be done from home and would not require someone to work business hours. We are ideally looking to establish an ongoing relationship with this designer for the next two years.
Logo, styleguide and wireframes needed
We need a logo, style guide and we have about 20-30 pages of wireframes that need to be made pretty. A lot of them look similar enough that after the few pages, the rest should be quick. Also, it would be nice to have the ability to apply the style guide to or directly get a template for things like a powerpoint presentation. I suspect it’s 2-3 weeks of work and then likely some ongoing stuff until we eventually have the resources to hire a full time person or transition our contractor to full time.
UI Designer at ShareThis
Location: Mountain View, Bay Area
- Type: Full-time
- Experience: Mid-Senior level
- Functions: Art/Creative, Product Management, Design
- Industries: Internet
The UI Designer will create the user experience of all ShareThis social products and web site, reaching over 400 million consumers per month. This position will require strong creative, UI, UED, user experience, and communication skills. You must also have excellent attention to detail and passion for your craft and the ShareThis vision.
Day-to-day tasks will vary and include evolution of the ShareThis widget and social plugin designs, sharing buttons, analytics UI, web site UI, and new initiatives on the mobile platforms such as iPad, iPhone and Android.
- Create user experience and design best practices across multiple social, sharing and analytics product lines, ranging from design ideation and concept development to completed design and markup.
- Create visual designs that address business, market and user requirements, including screen layouts, color palettes, typography, iconography and user interface elements.
- Produce design specifications, storyboards, scenarios, design prototypes.
- Successfully communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of user centered design process.
- Ability to present & defend your ideas to product, engineering, marketing/sales and management teams.
- Collaborate with product managers and marketing to refine the user experience.
- Work with web developers and engineers to deliver the final product.
- Contribute to miscellaneous marketing projects, such as sales collateral and web pages.
- Drive all design decisions around product adoption metrics.
- Knowledgeable in current web standards and user interface design practices.
- Formal education in Interaction Design, Digital Media Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), or other Visual Arts preferred.
- Ideally 3-5 years experience as a key member of a UI team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of several successfully launched web and/or software applications.
- Proficient with Adobe CS products, such Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Must demonstrate strong design skills including screen layouts, information design, and typography, and must have a great eye for detail.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups
- Works well under pressure and able to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced agile environment
- Enjoy staying up to date with current and trending technologies, suggesting new practices, and making recommendations for improvement
- Experience working on Social, Sharing, Widgets/Plugins, Stream or related products preferred.
Other Key Attributes
- The ability to have fun and work hard
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines
- Appreciation for being part of a fast-paced startup environment—an interest in working with a small team to create software used by millions of people every day.
- Strong communication and time management skills—the ability to balance high quality work standards against time constraints
- A relentless passion for creating industry leading products and the highest quality user experiences
- Self-starter mentality – as part of a disaggregated team the candidate must be proactive and have an ability to act on information and data to ensure project deadlines are always
ShareThis makes it easy to share ideas and get to the good stuff online. Reaching over 400 million users across nearly 800,000 sites across the web, ShareThis is changing the economics of online publishing by creating a market of influence across the Web. ShareThis allows users to share content from anywhere to anyone while simultaneously enabling publishers and advertisers to tap the value of sharing.
We have experienced significant growth both in adoption by site publishers and share actions by users. The business end of ShareThis involves developing informational insights from data that can be used in online advertising models. The company is currently engaged in several revenue generating opportunities with publishers and advertisers.
Based in Mountain View, CA, the ShareThis team comes from companies such as Yahoo!, AOL, LinkedIn, Google and MySpace. The company is privately held with funding from Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Blue Chip Venture Company, DFJ Mercury, Reservoir Partners, Illinois Ventures, Queen City Angels and RPM Ventures.
- Local candidates only, no relocation (San Francisco Bay Area).
- No third party applications.
- Apply here: http://lnkd.in/qrQJST
Art Director – GAP Corporate Communications
posted Feb 4th 2010
GENERAL SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of this position is to lead, manage, develop, create, and produce corporate creative materials with a focus on employee benefit programs. This position will partner with the Internal Communications Project Manager to manage the Benefit Team client relationship. The Manager (Art Director) will also be responsible for the appropriate implementation of the Gap Inc. brand identity across all projects as well as managing team processes and efficiencies. This position will report to the Gap Inc. Creative Director, collaborate with other Art Directors within the creative team, and work closely with senior-level leaders across the company.
Senior Designer for Mobile
SF office of one of the largest tech companies in Bay Area/Planet
4+ months freelance, with long-term possibilities
• mobile apps visual designer.
• defining the behaviors of mobile applications
• refining designs
• producing wireframes, walkthroughs, behavior specs
• mastery of software interaction idioms & basic information design principles
• know standards/conventions for iPhone, Blackberry, and Android interfaces
• fundamental skills with design tools (Fireworks/Photoshop/Illustrator/Visio)
• strong Fireworks skills
• interest/background in visual design
• exp software development process
Talent Manager, Filter Talent
T 415.284.3063 F 415.357.0900
Senior Web Art Director East Bay
posted Oct 2nd 2009
The Senior Web Art Director is a experienced veteran of website development, responsible for overseeing the updating and building of content pages, banner ads, online response forms, and flash projects.
Conceptually mature, able to set tone and strong direction with understanding of the user experience and U.I. design. They should have experience with content management systems and databases for sites including portal technology with preferred experience on Autonomy/Interwoven or other similar industry tools. The position will involve supervision of web designers including coaching, training and personal development. There will be regular client contact and will need to manage their projects and keep everything up to date working
closely with the project teams and account managers. They are fluent in all design and development software and have extensive knowledge of html and flash as well as familiarity with other programming languages pertinent to front end web development.
Education: B.A./B.F.A Graphic Design, Web Design, Art, Communications or related discipline.
Responsibilities: – Oversight and Design, development and production of web content pages, banner ads, ad response forms and special projects.
- Work in a collaborative team environment and have regular contact with internal product team clients. – Supervision of web designers and web contractors. – Manage projects and work with all teams in coordination of workflow.
- Understand the right technology for projects and source staff and vendors appropriately. Requirements:
- 7+ years experience designing websites and all types of interactive projects including banner ads, forms, flash movies, ecommerce sites, html emails. – Extensive experience leading projects and teams
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple jobs and tasks is essential.
- Experience with user centered design and a general understanding of usability. – Familiarity with database driven sites including portal technology and content management systems a plus.
- Solid communication skills both verbal and written and ability to interact with clients and
- Corporate experience helpful.
The CIA is looking for Graphic Designers -
posted Oct 1st 2009
I’ve no idea what would need to be designed with a salary range from $48,682 to $95,026 (and why is it so specific). Maybe those at he $48,682 end of the salary have to do boring PowerPoints about CIA expenditure while those at the $95,026 end of the spectrum have to take on the ‘cover’ of being a graphic designer in a foreign country while surveying some public event in advance of a sniper arriving. Maybe you are the sniper too.